Raynor C. Casey, MD
Dr. Casey founded NC Retina in 1997 after many years in Chapel Hill for college, medical school and residency.
He then completed a fellowship in Vitreoretinal Disease at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver and is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Casey enjoys ophthalmology because he can care for people of all ages but he especially enjoys spending time with his "more experienced" patients who can share their many years of wisdom.
Dr. Casey previously served as president of the Wake County Medical Society, Division Chair of Ophthalmology at Rex Hospital and on the Commission for the Blind.
Dr. Casey has three children, two Labrador retrievers, and a cat. They enjoy golf, soccer, tennis, skiing, basketball, traveling and the beach.
“Dr. Casey has been treating my mother for years. He has always provided the highest level of care, in a most professional and courteous manner.”— NCRA Patient Review
- Retina Fellowship, University of British Columbia, 1996
- Ophthalmology Residency, UNC Chapel Hill, 1995
- MD, UNC Chapel Hill, 1991
- BA, UNC Chapel Hill, 1985
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy Ophthalmology
- American Society Retina Specialists
- Divot Society
- Wake County Medical Society