Rebecca A. Manning, MD
Dr. Manning is originally from Atlanta, Georgia. She fell in love with ophthalmology as a second year medical student and then realized she had a passion for vitreoretinal diseases and their treatment. She did her fellowship at Wake Forest University and knew that she wanted to stay in the state of North Carolina. She says that finding the perfect practice for her in North Carolina, NC Retina Associates, made her decision easy. Her goal is to treat each patient as she would a member of her family and maximize each patient’s vision and quality of life.
Dr. Manning received her undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia. She attended the University of Alabama Birmingham for medical school and Medical University of South Carolina for internship and ophthalmology residency. She then completed a vitreoretinal fellowship at Wake Forest University.
Dr. Manning is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Retina Specialists. She is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Manning enjoys yoga, running, cooking, travel, and tennis.
“Dr. Manning is a very qualified surgeon. I would highly recommended her for any required surgery. Smart, confident, and reassuring.”— NC Retina Patient Review
- Retina Fellowship, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem NC, 2012
- Ophthalmology Residency, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston SC, 2010
- MD, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa AL, 2006
- BA, University of Georgia, Athens GA, 2002
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists